Monday, April 13, 2009

Obama Disappoints

Those who have spoken to me here and there in my blog travels know that I am not generally big on criticizing Obama. I dont often agree with him, but I generally accept that he is doing what he was hired to do, the way he was hired to do it.

But this is seriously disappointing. He is actually acting worse (at least by some measures) than Bush with the whole domestic surveilance thing? And closing Guantanamo is looking less and less like a good thing. Are we just moving prisoners to somewhere less visible?

My faith that he was at least trying to do the right thing as he knows it has taken a serious hit here.

3 comments:

TAO April 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

THAT is why we should have been protesting this years ago, rather than letting it get wrapped up in some concept of national defense.

Give government an inch and it will take a mile....that is why we need CONSERVATIVES to stand up to Bush during his term...

James' Muse April 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

You're right. This is disappointing. Extrememly.

OpenMindedRepublican April 15, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

TAO - "that is why we need CONSERVATIVES to stand up to Bush during his term"

All I can say in my defense is that I simply was not really paying attention to politics until very recently.

One area where the left is clearly doing a better job than the right did is calling him on it, instead of ignoring it because he is 'their guy'.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP