Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Multiplication by Stupid

In mathematics, there is the rule of multiplication by zero. Any number times zero is zero. ( I really hope explaining that was completely unnecessary)

In Politics, there is what I call the rule of multiplication by stupid. Any philosophy times stupid is stupid. Often, this is used to 'prove' that some political belief is dumb or useless. Really all it proves is that it does not work when used in a dumb or useless way.

Closely related to "Reductio_ad_absurdum"

2 comments:

TAO March 19, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

You are posting faster than I can keep up!

I am old and slow....

OpenMindedRepublican March 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

People keep readin em. I feel like I have to.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP